Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Southeast Whitesburg Mural 17 -- Drawing People



Today, I did very little painting, but what I did was fun -- see the detail (right) of the student at the picnic table.

There was also some schmoozing to do with the college's development director, Judy Leonard, and the Whitesburg campus administrator Eugene Meade. The great debate that is raging is exactly where at the left of the painting the commemorative plaque will be fixed. Since it is heavy stone, there are technical as well as aesthetic issues, so I try to stay out of it. I figure I'll paint around whatever they decide.

Judy had asked Chris Jones, our public relations fellow, to come back and take pictures again. Presumably Chris will e-mail me some copies in a day or two and I can share them here.

Most of the day was devoted to going through photographs of students, planning and sketching. The sketches do not show up well even in the original (high resolution) photograph. I'm going to go ahead and include the photo, even though the pencil is difficult to see. At least you get an impression of how filled with students and their activities the wall will soon become.

1 comment:

Deborah Godin said...

Not that the first part wasn't enjoyable, but are you getting to the really "fun" part now - the people??