Tuesday, June 30, 2009

end of a long summer day



Today prompted my husband to quote frequently from "Grampa Simpson" as it was a day "not so much interesting as long." We spent the entire day from first light until supper time, waiting for plumbers who never came. "Tomorrow" they say.

To refresh my spirit I wandered outside a bit catching the last lingering fingers of sunlight on our lawn and on the creek.

Then I said good night to the pure white morning glories* as they folded up their petals for the evening.

*my best guess as to what these flowers are, if you have an alternative identification, please let me know!

3 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

May the glories of the day rest well.

May the plumbers come tomorrow.

Peace!

Qaro said...

I hope the plumbers come soon!

Deborah Godin said...

I'm just entranced by that photo of the lawn. You've captured such that brief moment of perfect "dappledness"