Tuesday, October 13, 2009

photography


At the last minute, I decided to sign up for a three Saturday nature photography class. The first session was this past Saturday. Inspired by the teacher's photos, and emboldened to learn about the manual settings on my little Canon PowerShot, I went looking for some things to "shoot."

The first photo is the scene across the road from my veterinarian in Pound, Virginia. The colors are not as rich this year as last. A certain amount of dry weather in the late summer/early autumn tends to enhance color, and it has been a very rainy damp fall. But this little glade had some pretty reds and bright yellows.


The second photo is a tree in the vet's parking lot with its clever "dog crossing" sign, but it was the vibrant color in the leaves that caught my eye.

The third photo was just something I happened upon in our front yard. I was struck by the brilliant color contrasts and the textures of the moss, the rock, the grass and the leaf.

4 comments:

Deborah Godin said...

Those are some interesting shots, I like what you selected and how you framed them.

zoya gautam said...

very good ..

Tammie Lee said...

Wishing you a wonderful journey with your camera! Fun to see your fall images. Always interesting to hear how one year differs from another. Our colors were unfolding wonderfully and then 3 days of minus temps and all colors turned to dead brown. What a change.

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

These are amazing --- the decay of life is just as beautiful as the beginning. I love detail photos like these. I was surprise when I learned that leaves are like snowflakes, no two are the same; like finger prints.