Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Southeast Whitesburg Mural--37 Really the last people!

Last week on Tuesday, my first day of teaching classes, two of my former students Mark White and Phillip Bentley dropped into my office "to annoy me" (their words). They got down to business -- please, they asked could they be in the mural?

Since I was trying to figure out what to do with a blank space, I said yes immediately. They gamely accompanied me and my camera outside and posed for photos despite cat-calls and ribbing from their pals.

Although I sketched them in that very day, I haven't had time for painting until yesterday (Monday August 24).

So Mark and Phillip, here you are!



If your computer screen resolution is 1152 by 864 (or close) you are actually seeing the figures of Mark and Phillip at their actual size in the mural -- pretty small.

2 comments:

Deborah Godin said...

Neat way to wrap! And...dudes!

sgreerpitt said...

dudes, indeed! :)