Tuesday, April 13, 2010

redbud by-ways of Kentucky


After my post on Saturday, I was determined to figure out a way to get some of my own photos of the spectacular redbud lining the roads, even if it meant stopping dead in the middle of the road to take pictures.


It was a quiet morning on the way to work, with little traffic on the backroads and I found a couple of small dirt turn outs. In one location (the top photo), several hounds let me know with loud barks that I was tresspassing on their territory -- so I shot the photo out the car window!


The very bottom photo was actually taken while the car was moving as I was on a main road, with lots of truck traffic (really, I know there doesn't look like any in the shot, but there were several trucks behind me). Only on the middle photo did I actually get out of the car to shoot the picture.



Creative Commons License
redbud by-ways by sgreerpitt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://sunflowerroots.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

These colors are downright gorgeous. Thanks for these lush views, Sue.

Beth P. said...

Made me homesick for someplace I've never been...

But I have been to places similar in feeling--and they feel like home.

Thanks for the lushness--and your big heart--