Wednesday, November 3, 2010

let there be peace on earth...

...and let it begin with me and mine.


Check out the Blogblast for Peace on blogs and Facebook.

A. J. Muste once said that there is only as much peace as there are peaceful people.

"This is your only life--live it well!
No one man can bring about a social change--
but each man's life is a whole and necessary part of his society,
a necessary step in any change,
and a powerful example of the possiblity of life
for others.
Let all of our words and our actions speak the possiblity of
peace and cooperation between men.
Too long have we used the excuse:
"I believe in peace, but that other man does not--when
he lays down his arms, then I will follow."
...
Let each man begin a one-man revolution of peace and
mutual-aid--so that there is at least that much peace...
a beginning...
Chuck Matthei, contained within a poem by Denise Levertov "Staying Alive" Part II

14 comments:

Maggie May said...

Yes...... if every one did a little bit towards peace..... that would be a very big thing.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Kate said...

I found you from Dona Nobis Pacem. I love your site. I’m going to poke around a little bit, but don’t worry I’ll put everything back where I found it!!

Anndi said...

Oh my... where to begin?

Your globe is precious.

And those words... I had never read that poem, but I will again and again. Your post brought tears to me eyes. Thank you for being a part of Blog Blast for Peace.

Namaste

Billie Greenwood said...

This is a beautiful quotation. I believe it. Every day, in every interaction, my challenge is to live nonviolently, cooperatively, peacefully.

Anonymous said...

Love the poem very inspiring . thanks for doing the Peace Globe Blog.Peace terica

Speedcat Hollydale said...

What a fine post for peace! Well done ... and hello from SpeedyCat :)

BTW: your black and white cat looks just like my cat "Spike"

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love your peace globe. Yes, peace for all animals and humans.

Travis Cody said...

Peace to you and yours from me and mine.

Christine said...

This is a really cool globe, Sue. The words are a powerful reminder to each individual that their path matters.

Annelisa said...

Let each man begin a one-man revolution of peace and
mutual-aid...


This is what I believe in. If nobody will join you, do it alone. Someone, somewhere, will be brave enough to stand up next to you eventually. And then there will be two. More will follow, and soon there's enough to make a difference...

Wishing you and yours peace, harmony and happiness x

Mimi Lenox said...

Wonderful peace globe and contribution to the day.
"there is only as much peace as there are peaceful people."

I've found a few of those today (smile)
Thank you for participating and making your voice heard and your presence felt.

#1970 in the Official Peace Globe Gallery at blogblastforpeace.com

Pacem,
Mimi

Annelisa said...

You are now linked in my blog: Peace Bloggers Unite

Finding Pam said...

Your post and peace globe are beautiful.

Peace to you and yours,
Pam

Joe said...

beautiful quote indeed, only if this quote was to be true, it would indeed be a beautiful world.